Project: Trocaire Interim II
Brief back ground of the project
Trocaire is one of the donors which have been funding FAPAD since 2009 under livelihood program. Trocaire interim program is being implemented in the sub county of Barr (Onywako, Ayira, Olilo, Abunga and Ayamo parishes) and Ngetta, (Iwal, Telela, Anyomorem and Ongica parishes) Lira district since 2015 up to 2017 February. This project has targeted 800 households (500 female and 300 male) both directly and indirectly.
Objective of the project
- To ensure that vulnerable people especially women living in Lango, Northern Uganda are engaged in the sustainable use and management of land and other natural resources.
- To support vulnerable people especially women in Lango, Northern Uganda, protect and exercise their natural resource rights.
Duration of the project
- The Project started in March 2016 and will end in February 2017
- It’s funded by TROCAIRE
Activities implemented during Trocaire interim program.
FAPAD has done a number of activities in this interim program which includes;
- Practical training on agro ecology which involves; compost manure making, liquid manure making, plant tea making.
- Training on community dialogue basically environmental protection among others.
Beneficiaries of Ngetta sub county, Iwal parish in the groups of Neno idiro, Bed imar and Obanga marowa during the demonstration of agro ecology component (compost making)