“The Police We Want” is a new national initiative which we launched in August 2015. We are mobilizing citizens to embrace a national conversation on the state of policing and engage their local and national leaders to effect the desired changes. Please click here to see what we have done so far and what we are still up to.
- National launch of citizens’ initiative on policing in Uganda held in Kampala in August 2015.
- Regional consultation meetings were held in Lango,Teso, Karamoja, Rwenzori, Kigezi, Buganda, Bunyoro, west Nile sub regions of Uganda.
- A national reflection meeting held in Kampala with representations from consulted regions in December 2015.
- We held regional and national TV/radio talk shows to mobilize citizen’s engagement on policing in Uganda.
And now, what we are up to!
- Starting a conversation with the Members of Parliament on the “Police I /We want” in Uganda.
- Hold National consultation meetings with different stakeholders to continue galvanizing support for the initiative].